We are an independent software vendor (ISV); we develop and market
META-TOOLS FOR AUTOMATING SOFTWARE ENGINEERING
…and we provide training and consulting in their use.
We also provide general consulting and expert witness services.
NOTE — in 2013 our
from Pennington SYSTEMS
INCORPORATED to XTRAN,
and our domain changed
to XTRAN-LLC.com (for both Web and
Wouldn't you like to automate your software work?
- Reduce cost of software creation and maintenance
- Shorten software schedules
- Get more done with existing software staff by multiplying their effort
- Increase software quality
- Reduce risk of delayed delivery, cost overruns, or even project failure
- Reduce backlogs
- Increase transparency and accountability
- Increase profitability and competitiveness
You can, using XTRAN!
XTRAN is a software meta-tool we have developed that marries compiler and expert system technologies to automate software engineering tasks — manipulating a wide variety of computer languages, data, and unstructured text — using a rules language that can be learned by any senior software engineer.
XTRAN comes with many existing rule sets for automating a wide variety of tasks, so you can start using it right out of the box. And, after training, you can modify existing rules or create new ones to make XTRAN do exactly what you want.
What can XTRAN automate?
- Code assessment / analysis — including both ad hoc and production, from simple to very complex
- Code re-engineering — applying transformations to existing code, from simple to very complex
- Code translation — including assemblers to higher languages and many other language combinations
- Code generation — such as compilation
- Data analysis and manipulation — including delimited lists, regular expressions, and a content addressable data base facility
- Unstructured text analysis and manipulation
code and data become clay,
XTRAN's rules language creates the modeling
and you are the sculptor."
— Stephen F. Heffner, author of XTRAN
Via its rules language, XTRAN provides automation of virtually any software engineering task to the greatest possible extent. We back up this claim with many .
"We have used this product because
we had to convert our software
written in various languages, among those
Pascal. Migration on a new
processor board was mandatory and we also
used the opportunity
to have the code written in C++ and cleaned
"XTRAN is a great tool to achieve such a
conversion. Steve's support
was great too. With only 2
programmers and XTRAN, we managed the
of a decade of investment in a short time."
— Bernard Lacoste, CEO of
(now Hub Parking
- Code quality and standards — assessment and monitoring, code quality improvement, and standards remediation.
- Reverse-engineering architecture from a body of code.
- Legacy modernization — impact assessment and code transformation.
- Code migration and porting — impact assessment, code transformation and translation.
- Forensic code, data, and text document analysis — for Information Security, law enforcement, and civil litigation.
- Code visualization.
- Code utilities.
- Web utilities.
- Data analysis and manipulation.
- Text analysis and manipulation.
- General utilities.
- Year 2000 (Y2K) Impact Analysis (preserved as an XTRAN illustration).
How can XTRAN benefit you?
XTRAN's benefits apply to any organization with responsibility for a significant amount of code. To find out how, please review the following common benefits first:
Then return here and select the organization type that best describes you:
- Computer manufacturer
- Independent software vendor (ISV)
- Software services vendor, including outsourced services
- Enterprise architecture / IT consultant
- Expert witness / forensic analyst / law enforcement
- IT department
Why XTRAN, LLC?
Whether you want to document, analyze, standardize, improve, or re-engineer your code, need to change programming languages, computer hardware, operating systems, or APIs, or analyze or manipulate data or unstructured text, our software and services can help you. Put our 50+ years of creating sophisticated, high quality software to work for you!
HP (Digital / DEC, Compaq) OpenVMS users — click !
Partners and Affiliations
Center for the Advancement of the Enterprise Architecture Profession
Dell Consultant Network
HP User Group — Member
The Global IT Architect Association
— Official Blogger
PartnerWorld™ — Member
Architects Corner™ —
Designated Architecture Expert
IMS ExpertServices™ —
Microsoft Developer Network — Member
PartnerNet — Member
Firefox and Chrome users, please read!
There is a Windows DirectWrite bug that causes the Arial Black type face to render incorrectly. If this — XTRAN — doesn't look like this — , then:
- If you are using Firefox, please enter "about:config" (no quotes) in Firefox's URL box, click "I'll be careful" on the warning if it appears, and set the value of "gfx.direct2d.disabled" to true.
- If you are using Chrome, please enter "chrome://flags/" (no quotes) in Chrome's URL box and enable "disable DirectWrite".